Research the role of regulation and accreditation, and discuss the role that each plays in holding health care professionals and organizations accountable.
Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central). This can be late
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 300 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Complete the following for this assignment:
- Research the role of regulation and accreditation, and discuss the role that each plays in holding health care professionals and organizations accountable.
- Choose 2 of the following types of health care organizations:
- Acute care hospital
- Nursing home
- Home health care
- Ambulatory care
- Discuss accreditation as it relates to those organizations.
- Describe the role that accrediting agencies have in clinical quality improvement and improving health care outcomes.
Note: Use APA style to cite at least 2 scholarly sources from the last 5 years.
Phase 5 IP
Type: Individual Project
Unit: Accreditation and Quality Improvement Plans
Due Date: Wed, 5/10/17
Deliverable Length: 5 to 6 written pages, excluding cover page, abstract page, and reference page
View objectives for this assignment
For this project, you are tasked with developing a change management plan that will be designed to improve quality in an acute care hospital in your community. This hospital has a poor Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) and ORYX quality metrics, and low patient satisfaction. Further, government regulations and Joint Commission accreditation standards are not being met. Financial ruin seems imminent. When constructing your plan, conduct research using peer-reviewed sources to determine the following:
- Identify goals and objectives that are expected to be met.
- Provide an overview of HEDIS and ORYX measures, and describe the importance of those measures to the hospital and how the hospital can improve metrics in both measures.
- Discuss the role that patient satisfaction plays in reimbursement and how you propose to improve patient satisfaction in the hospital.
- Determine communication approaches for change management among clinicians and nonclinicians throughout the organization.
- Identify and explain the quality improvement and evaluation method(s) that will be utilized to determine the progress of the change management plan.
- Use the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services module to develop a quality improvement plan as a guide for your assignment.
Note: Use APA style to cite at least 8 scholarly sources from the last 5 years.