List the activities that must be performed to complete the requirements definition of an IT project based on the provided articles.
Case Study 2: Critical Planning for Project Success
- List the activities that must be performed to complete the requirements definition of an IT project based on the provided articles. Compare the listed activities with the processes described in Figure 3.2 Process – flow of Requirements Engineering in Chapter 3 of the text.
- List at least three (3) issues mentioned by the articles that may occur if requirements are not properly documented. Describe how the problem categories listed in Table 3.2 in Chapter 3 of the text may help a project manager set the right expectations with various stakeholders.
- Give your opinion on whether or not it’s beneficial in terms of planning and estimation to break up projects into smaller, more manageable efforts. Support the answer with real-life examples.
- Describe how Figure 5.5A in Chapter 5 of the text could be used to assist the team in project planning and estimation activities.
- Review the various project management frameworks presented in Appendix 5A of the text. Suggest the framework elements that could be used to address the issues described in the third article titled “12 Common Project Management Mistakes – and How to Avoid Them”.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.