List God’s purposes for our lives from Romans 8:28-29
1. Read the section on The Kingdom of God in chapter 11 of the textbook and respond to the following:
a. Is it a present kingdom or a future kingdom?
b. Is it a physical kingdom or a spiritual kingdom?
c. List two other characteristics found in the reading.
2. Read the section on The Mission of God in chapter 11 of the textbook and respond to the following:
a. How is it related to God’s character?
b. How is God’s mission characterized?
3. Read the sidebar on Finding Your Purpose in chapter 11 of the textbook and describe the work ethic presented. What kind of work is best?
4. List God’s purposes for our lives from Romans 8:28-29 (see Lecture 7).
5. Read the section on Belief and Behavior in chapter 12 of the textbook and James 2:14-26. What is the relationship between faith and action?
6. According to Mark 8:34, is being a disciple of Jesus easy or costly?
7. Read the section on The Work of the Holy Spirit in chapter 12 of the textbook. List two functions of the Spirit in a Christian’s life.
8. According to the Westminster Shorter Catechism quoted in the lecture, what is the primary purpose of humanity?
9. Read 1 Corinthians 15:42-57 and list three characteristics of the glorified state.