Discuss the four (4) main causes of prejudice and discrimination. Additionally, discuss the three (3) main consequences for minorities. In your opinion, what cause and consequence are the more important?
Intro to Sociology
Paper Assignment #3: Due Wednesday, May 3rd
1) The paper must be typed and a paper copy must be turned in (I will not accept electronically
2) The paper should be a minimum of 2 pages double spaced in Times New Roman 12 font.
3) Use your voice in expressing what you think and opinions that relate to your choice of topic. Apply
your sociological imagination!
4) This assignment is worth 33 1/3 points and is due Wednesday, May 3rd. Please, No Exceptions!
It is your task as a sociologist to choose one of the following four topics of discussion and to apply the information that you have learned in class that may apply to your choice.
1) Reflection Critique:
What influence (if any) has sociology impacted your life? In other words, what have you learned that
will help you in the understanding of your status/role/membership in society and the enhancement
of your “social construct of reality!”
2) Discuss the four (4) main causes of prejudice and discrimination. Additionally, discuss the three (3)
main consequences for minorities. In your opinion, what cause and consequence are the more
important? (Hint: Textbook)
3) Compare and contrast Marx and Weber’s perspective of religion. In your opinion, does religion ‘drug
the masses and prevent social change’ or does religion promote social/political/economical change
because of its diversity. Explain why/why not?
Your paper should include:
2) Text (answers/discussion)
4) References (if applicable)