Describe 1-2 areas that you believe are strengths for you to build upon and identify 1-2 opportunities for development to assist you in becoming a stronger coach and more effective leader.
DISCUSSION DUE TONIGHT: must do both topics… about 250 words each
Topic 1: Coaching for Leadership Effectiveness
Coaching is an important element for leadership effectiveness and can be used as an approach to motivation. Leaders who develop and practice coaching skills are more likely to have employees who are engaged and performing at higher levels. The text provides nearly a dozen suggestions for coaching as well as a self-assessment quiz. Describe 1-2 areas that you believe are strengths for you to build upon and identify 1-2 opportunities for development to assist you in becoming a stronger coach and more effective leader.
Topic 2: Creativity and Innovation as a Leadership Strategy
Many successful business organizations are using creativity and innovation as a leadership strategy to differentiate their organization and position them for success. Locate a current events or magazine article from the past year related to a business organization that is effectively using creativity and innovation.
Write two well-written paragraphs (about 250 words total) regarding the article you select. The first paragraph will summarize the important points of the article in a way that brings clarity and learning to all who read it. The second paragraph will include your analysis of the relevancy and accuracy of the article as well as how you may apply what you learned to your own leadership journey.
ASSIGNMENTS DUE MONDAY
1: Focus Paper
Write a three to five (3 – 5) page paper (1000 – 1200 words), not including the title and reference pages, describing coaching as a leadership skill and how it may contribute to organizational effectiveness that includes the following:
- Introduction to a specific organizational effectiveness goal you desire to achieve through coaching.
- Research on coaching and its contribution to motivation, productivity, and engagement as the foundational content.
- Analysis of the effective use of coaching to achieve your specific organizational effectiveness goal. Be sure to connect research to your analysis.
- Recommendations for increasing your personal coaching skills and techniques to improve your overall leadership effectiveness. Connecting research to your recommendations will make them stronger.
- Conclusion should summarize the primary points of the paper and bring forward a call to action.
The Assignment will be evaluated using the Focus Paper Rubric located in the course Grading Rubrics. Therefore, please ensure it is written with proper grammar, in APA format (including clear section headings), and includes at least three cited and referenced resources – at least one of which must be a peer reviewed (scholarly) journal article.
The overall point distribution for the Assignment will be as follows:
- 50% (50 points): Content, focus, use of research, and organization
- 30% (30 points): Analysis and critical thinking
- 20% (20 points): Writing style, grammar, APA format
Assignment 2: Memo Assignment
Scenario: Your team has been assigned to provide recommendations to increase employee engagement in your workplace. Write a memo to the leadership team that:
- Describes the reasons employee engagement is important for the organization.
- Provides recommendations for increasing employee engagement.
- Suggests an implementation plan.
Your completed memo should be approximately 500 – 600 words. While APA format is not required, please ensure it is written with proper grammar and includes at least two cited and referenced credible resources.