Define and discuss the differences between licensure, certification, and accreditation as they relate to health care facilities.
Due 4/28/17 10:00 a.m. 100 percent original with 1000-1200 words with at least 3 scholarly references APA format.
The proposed mental health facility located in California will ensure it looks at ways of ensuring protection from discrimination, youth services, and integration of systems used in educating about mental health, physical health, and substance abuse. In doing the above the proposed facility will aim at achieving true quality in healthcare systems by integrating primary care with mental health care. The facility will therefore aim at increasing outpatient services through improved homecare and aftercare, awareness creation among others. The facility will ensure there is no disparity in treatment, and can mitigate this by using evidence based practice guideline to improve on detection and treatment, as well as improving patient compliance with mental health appointments and medication.
You must now identify and discuss some of the legal and ethical considerations that must be taken into account in constructing your proposed facility that is listed above.
You are required to include the following:
- Define and discuss the differences between licensure, certification, and accreditation as they relate to health care facilities.
- Discuss the ethical or legal requirements and responsibilities that a health care organization has in ensuring its facility is licensed, certified, and accredited. When discussing licensure requirements, ensure that you research requirements based on the state in which you reside.
- Define and discuss the differences between the licensure and certification as they relate to health care providers or professionals.
- Discuss the ethical or legal requirements and responsibilities that a health care organization has in ensuring its staff members are licensed and certified.
- Research and discuss an accrediting body that will provide accreditation to the facility you are proposing. Ensure that you provide a history of the organization, what types of facilities they accredit, and how the organization has impacted the quality of health care in the United States.
Note: You must include a minimum of 3 scholarly references.
Please submit your assignment.