Compare and contrast two parenting styles (i.e., uninvolved parenting, permissive parenting, authoritarian parenting, or authoritative parenting).
After viewing the video Positive Discipline for Toddlers (for an alternate accessible resource read “Diana Baumrind’s (1996) Prototypical Descriptions of 3 Parenting Styles”) and reviewing the Parenting Style Questionnaire, write a three- to four-page paper that includes the following:
- Compare and contrast two parenting styles (i.e., uninvolved parenting, permissive parenting, authoritarian parenting, or authoritative parenting).
- Explain, for one developmental stage between 2 and 15 years of age, how parenting styles influence a child’s behavior in the classroom.
- Explain how modifications in parenting can create a positive family environment.
- Assignment Length: Your written paper must be at least three to four pages in length (not including title and reference pages).
- Title Page: Inclusion of a separate title page with the following:
- Title of presentation
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Source Requirement: Reference three scholarly sources in addition to the text. All sources included in the reference list must be cited in the portfolio.
- APA Formatting: Use APA formatting consistently throughout the assignment, which includes citations in the body of the assignment, the title page, and references list, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Syntax and Mechanics: Display meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling and grammar.