Analyze potential challenges in the process of creating an effective onboarding team.
In a 5- to 7-page strategic proposal, address the following:
Part I: Team Creation
- Identify the five different onboarding team members you have selected. Note: These are not the members of the team you have been assigned to in this course; rather, they are the team members you selected from the “Thomason Health System Bios” document in the Learning Resources.
- Justify the reason for your selections and exclusions for the onboarding team, using the principles of interprofessional teams.
- Explain the different roles and responsibilities each team member will have as a part of the onboarding team.
Part II: Team Building
- Outline a team building plan using team building principles (i.e., Team STEPPS).
- Analyze potential challenges in the process of creating an effective onboarding team.
- Select techniques that will be used by the COO and within the team to identify, negotiate, and resolve conflicts.
- Describe an engagement plan to keep the onboarding team motivated and cohesive.
Part III: Engaging the Organization
- Explain how the onboarding team will apply principles of group dynamics to engage THS staff in the implementation and adoption of EMRs.
- Identify at least two appropriate strategies the onboarding team will use to address resistance to adopting EMRs by the THS staff.
- Create a plan for assessing the effectiveness of the onboarding team in three months, six months, and one year.
- Create a plan for assessing THS staff’s engagement in the adoption of EMRs at three months, six months, and one year.